About Sand Creek


  • Sand Creek was originally founded in 1974 by Bethlehem Steel as a private facility for supervisory employees.  The original 18 hole layout was designed by Ken Killian and Dick Nugent.  The course opened on August 14, 1976.
  • The course has had many changes over the years.  The original front nine is now called the Creek nine.  The original back nine, now called the Lake nine, was altered to create room for housing with 4 holes remaining from the original design.  A third nine, the Marsh nine, was designed by Jerry Mobley and Charles Howard and opened in 1995.  The Park nine pitch and putt course opened in 1999.
  • In addition to the 4 nines, Sand Creek offers outstanding practice facilities including a driving range with practice tees on each end, a pitching area supporting shots up to 50 yards, a chipping green and a large putting green.
  • In addition to the Northern Amateur, Sand Creek has hosted several other events including:

USGA Open, Amateur and Junior Amateur qualifying events
Indiana Golf Association Junior events
Northwest Indiana Junior Golf Association events
Plantations Junior Golf Tour events
Indiana PGA Section events
Chesterton High School Boy’s and Girl’s events

Contact Information

The Sand Creek Country Club
1001 Sand Creek Drive South
Chesterton, Indiana

219-395-5200

www.sandcreek.com